Fall 2023 Micro-GrantS
Micro-grant Applicant Qualifications
*** All FALL 2023 micro-grant applicants must be submitted through the charity’s portal during the Open Call for Applications between October 2, 2023 at 9am ET to 11:59pm PT on November 12, 2023.***
The Innovators & Entrepreneurs Foundation (IEF) FALL 2023 Micro-grant application is open to any natural person who meets all the eligibility requirements listed below, and each micro-grant category’s specific requirements when noted.
All IEF FALL 2023 Micro-grant applicants/nominees must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be at least one of the following for the business the application is based on: founder, owner, co-founder, co-owner, person who owns or co-owns the entity or trademark for brand, product name, or service.
- Be an active senior leader and key decision-maker for the business.
- Have a business founded and based/headquartered in Canada.
- Have a business that has been operating and generating revenue with a product or service available in market for a minimum of one year.
- Be a member of an equity-deserving or/and racialized community(ies), per the charity’s definition (see definition below). If specified in the micro-grant category, the applicant/nominee must be a member of the equity-deserving group identified in the category name and/or description.
- Meet the additional categorical requirements that are specified in the IEF FALL 2023 Micro-grant category for which the applicant/nominee is applying.
Innovators & Entrepreneurs Foundation (IEF, or “the charity”) exists to support entrepreneurs and innovators belonging to equity-seeking and/or racialized communities across Canada. We align our definition of racialized and equity-deserving groups with definitions used by United Nations, and that used by the National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health: defined as members from groups and communities that experience social, cultural, political, educational, and economic discrimination and exclusion because of unequal power relationships across economic, political, educational, social, and cultural dimensions.
Fall 2023 Micro-Grants
Thank you, the application is closed.