Building The Future
The Canada Innovation & Entrepreneurship Awards (also known as the CANIE Awards) is the Innovators and Entrepreneurs Foundation’s flagship program recognizing excellence in Canadian innovation and entrepreneurship.
The 2020 CANIE Awards National Tour featured 5 regional award digital ceremonies in Canada during the Spring. This Online Tour aimed to inspire entrepreneurs by showcasing the CANIE Award winners and their stories of challenging times and resilience while bringing awareness of the importance of community building in order to survive and grow through crisis.
Now, we are thrilled to celebrate the CANIE Grand Finale Awards Gala, a digital red carpet event for the whole entrepreneurship ecosystem to virtually attend and be inspired by the Awards recipients’ journeys. Register here!
The 2020 Awards are presented by Sovereign Insurance and UPS Canada, in partnership with Scotiabank, Mastercard Canada, The Arthur J.E. Child Foundation, Inniskillin, and Startup Canada
Promoting Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Canada
Nearly 70% of jobs in Canada are attributable to small businesses, however, half of the owners of enterprises from this segment will retire in the next decade.
This presents a unique opportunity to encourage Canadian entrepreneurs to build innovative, and highly productive enterprises that create new jobs and wealth.
To maintain and increase prosperity, Canada needs more startups; ambitious, scalable, sustainable businesses that foster economic growth and social development.
By sharing award recipients’ stories of resilience and success, the CANIE Awards will inspire present and future generations to become leading entrepreneurs with an innovative and global mindset.
- Recognize excellence in innovation and entrepreneurship across Canada by celebrating the impressive journeys and achievements of disruptors that contribute every day to the country’s entrepreneurial landscape.
- Build a network of individuals and organizations that share our passion for supporting the Canadian entrepreneurial ecosystem and want to contribute to its future.
- Inspire Canada’s present and future generations to be entrepreneurial innovators by sharing stories of leadership, resilience, disruption, and success in entrepreneurship.
- Promote entrepreneurial mindsets among Canadian youth with workshops on innovation, ideation, and execution.
Increase awareness of Canada’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and the importance of strengthening our culture of innovation.
- Inspire others to make an impact by telling your story of resilience and legacy.