Ottawa, ON – February 1, 2021 | Today, The Innovators & Entrepreneurs Foundation (IEF) launched the nomination process for its flagship program – the Canada Awards for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (also known as the CANIE Awards).
Once known as the Startup Canada Awards and the Manning C. Innovation Awards, the CANIE Awards aim to recognize and celebrate the excellence and outstanding impact of innovators, entrepreneurs, and enterprise support organizations across Canada.
Due to COVID-19, the once in-person award ceremony will be held in a fully-digital format – expanding the program’s reach to more entrepreneurs and innovators than ever before. Starting with regional digital campaigns, the CANIES will conclude with a National Gala in the Spring. To watch the 2020 CANIE Awards, click here.
For the 2021 Awards, IEF has announced the following Awards:
- Woman Entrepreneur Award
- Global Impact Award – For enterprises only
- Indigenous Innovation Award
- Youth Impact Icon Award – under 30 years old
- Black Entrepreneur Award
- Product Innovation Award – For enterprises only
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award
“The CANIE Awards are a fantastic opportunity to recognize the disruptors in our communities who are inspiring present and future generations to become leading entrepreneurs with an innovative and global mindset,” said Kayla Isabelle, IEF Board Chair. “We couldn’t be more honoured and excited to recognize the individuals and organizations helping to elevate the entrepreneurship ecosystem across Canada.”
Individuals and businesses are encouraged to apply and submit nominations until March 15th, 2021. To submit an application or nomination, visit canies.ca.
The complete list of Awards and nomination criteria can be found at canies.ca. For nomination inquiries, please email email@example.com.
The CANIE Awards are proudly co-presented by UPS, in partnership with Scotiabank, Inniskillin, and with the support of Startup Canada.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Digital Production & Content Coordinator
About the CANIE Awards:
The CANIE Awards inspire present and aspiring entrepreneurs through stories of resilience and success of Canadian disrupting leaders celebrated across the country on three different categories: Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Enterprise Promotion, while educating future generations in alignment with the Innovators and Entrepreneurs Foundation purpose of fostering an inclusive and collaborative entrepreneurial ecosystem from coast to coast.
CANIE Awards Objectives:
- Recognize excellence in innovation and entrepreneurship across Canada by celebrating the impressive journeys and achievements of disruptors that contribute every day to the country’s entrepreneurial landscape.
- Build a network of individuals and organizations that share our passion for supporting the Canadian entrepreneurial ecosystem and want to contribute to taking it to the next stage.
- Inspire present and future generations to be entrepreneurial innovators by sharing stories of resilience and success of Canadian disrupting leaders
- Promote an entrepreneurial mindset among youth by delivering workshops around idea generation and execution.
- Increase awareness of the importance of strengthening Canada’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and culture of innovation