Nominations close March 1st, 2020, 11.59 p.m. PT
February 3rd, 2020 | The Innovators & Entrepreneurs Foundation (IEF), the charitable sister organization of Startup Canada, is proud to announce that nominations are now open for its flagship program, the Canada Innovation and Entrepreneurship Awards (Also known as the CANIE Awards).
As Canada’s highest recognition for, enduring the Startup Canada Awards and the Manning C. Innovation Awards legacy, the CANIE Awards celebrate excellence and outstanding impact of innovators, entrepreneurs, and enterprise support organizations across Canada.
Celebrated through Regional Receptions and Ceremonies in Vancouver, Calgary, Mississauga, Montreal and Halifax, with a National Gala in Ottawa, Innovators, entrepreneurs, and enterprise support organizations are encouraged to apply for Awards recognizing impact, achievement, innovation, diversity and global ambition; and to inspire present and future generations to become leading entrepreneurs with an innovative and global mindset.
“The CANIE Awards recognize that entrepreneurship and innovation need each other to build revolutionary products and services that meet global market demands” said Maria Aponte, Manager of the CANIE Awards. “We invite disruptors from all backgrounds, industries and regions to apply and to nominate inspiring champions that have elevated the entrepreneurship ecosystem in our country.”
Individuals, businesses, and organizations are invited to submit nominations and apply until March 1st, 2020 at 11:59 pm PT. Regional Award winners will be announced at Receptions across Canada in April and May, with the grand finale taking place in Ottawa in October.
The CANIE Awards are proudly co-presented by Sovereign Insurance and the Trade Commissioner Service, as well as in partnership with Mastercard Canada, UPS Canada, Scotiabank, and with the support of Startup Canada.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Micah Rakoff Bellman
Marketing & Communications Manager
(613) 627-0787 Ext. 103
About the CANIE Awards:
The CANIE Awards inspire present and aspiring entrepreneurs through stories of resilience and success of Canadian disrupting leaders celebrated across the country on three different categories: Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Enterprise Promotion, while educating future generations in alignment with the Innovators and Entrepreneurs Foundation purpose of fostering an inclusive and collaborative entrepreneurial ecosystem from coast to coast.
CANIE Awards Objectives:
- Recognize excellence in innovation and entrepreneurship across Canada by celebrating the impressive journeys and achievements of disruptors that contribute every day to the country’s entrepreneurial landscape.
- Build a network of individuals and organizations that share our passion for supporting the Canadian entrepreneurial ecosystem and want to contribute to taking it to the next stage.
- Inspire present and future generations to be entrepreneurial innovators by sharing stories of resilience and success of Canadian disrupting leaders
- Promote an entrepreneurial mindset among youth by delivering workshops around idea generation and execution.
- Increase awareness of the importance of strengthening Canada’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and culture of innovation